ISOJ 2016 in photos: Day 2
The 17th International Symposium on Online Journalism took place at the Blanton Museum of Art at the University of Texas at Austin campus from April 15-16, 2016.
April 16 schedule:
- Special breakfast session: Women digital news leaders with Nadine Hoffman (IWMF), Elmira Bayrasli (Foreign Policy Interrupted), Mandy Jenkins (Storyful), Juanita León (La Silla Vacia) and Croi McNamara (Upworthy)
- Research breakfast: Trends in online journalism with Pablo Boczkowski (Northwestern University), Avery Holton (University of Utah), Paula Poindexter (UT Austin), Josh Scacco (Purdue University) and Elanie Steyn (University of Oklahoma)
- A keynote speech by Yoani Sánchez, founder and director of 14ymedio in Cuba (Chair: Janine Warner (Sembra Media))
- Panel: "Messaging as a platform and bots as a news service" with Trei Brundrett (Vox Media), Ben Brown (XOXCO), Alastair Coote (Guardian U.S.), Rebecca Harris (Purple), Zach Seward (Quartz) and Alex Swan (BreakingNews.com)
- Research panel with Kathleen McElroy (Oklahoma State University), Lu Wu (UNC Chapel Hill), Zhaoxi Liu (Trinity University), Danielle Kilgo (UT Austin), Hans Meyer and Burton Speakman (Ohio University)
- A keynote speech by Kara Swisher, co-founder and executive editor of Re/code (Chair: Evan Smith (The Texas Tribune))
- Panel: "Global round up: Creative solutions for online journalism challenges around the world" with Maria Teresa Ronderos (Open Society Foundations), Andrei Dynko (Nasha Niva), Enock Nyariki (Hivisasa), Kelly G. Niknejad (Tehnran Bureau), Carlos Salamanca (El Faro), Trevor Snapp (Nuba Reports), Galina Timchenko (Meduza)
- Panel: "Virtual Reality, the new frontier of journalism storytelling" with Shazna Nessa (Knight Foundation), Carla Borrás (Frontline), R.B. Brenner (UT Austin), Tom Kent (Associated Press), Dan Pacheco (Syracuse University) and Jamie Pallot (Emblematic Group)
View photos from Day 2, below:
Created with flickr slideshow.