Shots fired at Brazilian TV station's helicopter in flight
The Brazilian broadcaster TV Itapoan's helicopter was shot at in the city of Salvador, Bahia, reported the website Band. A man shot at the helicopter as it flew over the city for the live program Bahia no Ar.
According to the website Gazeta Regional, the helicopter was following a police operation to thwart car thieves when the man fired. A suspect was killed in another fire fight.
The reporter on board can be heard during the program saying "They shot Golden Eagle (name of the helicopter). We're in panic mode." No one was hurt.
- Brazilian TV helicopter shot at during police raid on shanty town in Rio de Janeiro
- Gunmen fire on TV news van in Brazil
- Radio reporter shot to death in Brazil after receiving threatening phone calls
- Brazilian gunmen fire on offices of TV broadcaster in shooting spree
- Brazilian journalist fired after declaring support for striking police