Dominican prosecutor to investigate fake press releases
The Attorney General of the Dominican Republic, Francisco Domínguez Brito, opened an investigation into a series of fake press releases sent to the media, according to the news agency UPI.
The prosecutor warned that anonymous suspects had been sending fake press releases in the name of government institutions and that he would determine which computer sent the fraudulent statements, reported the website Dominicanos Hoy.
- Dominican anti-drug agency warns media to beware fake press releases
- Dominican journalism union denounces increasing aggression against the press
- Dominican TV journalist receives death threats
- Dominican Republic government harasses journalists during presidential elections, warns IPI
- Journalists threatened in Colombia and the Dominican Republic