Deadline approaching for U.S. college students to submit video PSA for press freedom contest
Reporters Without Borders and CNN have teamed up to sponsor a student video contest about press freedom. Students from any U.S. university are eligible to submit a video PSA answering the question “Why should we care about freedom of information?” or "Why should we care about press freedom?"
Videos, which can be up to 50 seconds long, must be submitted by March 19. See here for more complete rules.
The winning video will be selected in April, and will air on CNN on May 3, World Press Freedom Day. Winners will be flown to New York to attend a May 3 celebration.
- Reporters Without Borders and CNN launch press freedom video contest for U.S. college students
- IAPA calls for entries for 2012 Excellence in Journalism contest
- Professional and student photojournalists can apply for Alexia Fdn. grants
- Chilean court rules against journalist harassed by police
- Dec. 1 is last chance to apply for 5th Knight News Challenge