Media mogul Rupert Murdoch gives $1 million to U.S. Republicans
Raising questions about Fox News' impartiality, media magnate Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., Fox's parent company, has donated $1 million to the Republican Governors Association (RGA), reported the BBC.
The RGA is using such donations to help get Republicans elected this November.
The donation is one of the largest ever from a media company, according to The New York Times.
Jack Horner, a spokesman for Murdoch's News Corp., was quoted in the Washington Post, saying: "It's patently false that a corporate donation would have any bearing on our news-gathering activities at Fox News or any other of our properties."
- As Murdoch testifies in London, the impact of the News Corp. hacking scandal spreads to the U.S.
- 13 lessons from ISOJ to innovate journalism according to the blog #nohacefaltapapel
- Plaza Pública: In-depth, nonprofit news site in Guatemala tackles taboo themes (Interview)
- With short videos, less text and a lot of humor, Latin American sites are looking for the formula to attract millennials
- News outlets think outside the box to use social media in innovative ways