Media mogul Rupert Murdoch gives $1 million to U.S. Republicans
Raising questions about Fox News' impartiality, media magnate Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., Fox's parent company, has donated $1 million to the Republican Governors Association (RGA), reported the BBC.
The RGA is using such donations to help get Republicans elected this November.
The donation is one of the largest ever from a media company, according to The New York Times.
Jack Horner, a spokesman for Murdoch's News Corp., was quoted in the Washington Post, saying: "It's patently false that a corporate donation would have any bearing on our news-gathering activities at Fox News or any other of our properties."
- Murdoch reaffirms his leadership of News Corp. in exchange with financial analysts and journalists
- Phone hacking scandal highlights debate on media concentration in the U.S.
- As Murdoch testifies in London, the impact of the News Corp. hacking scandal spreads to the U.S.
- British newspaper's phone hacking scandal reaches deeper into U.S. journalism
- FCC change may prevent Rupert Murdoch from buying LA Times