Twitter hashtag #election sponsored by the Washington Post
The Washington Post has launched an Election Day Twittercast with live and taped video, according to Editor & Publisher. Readers also will be able to tweet any election-related questions.
This is all because the Washington Post purchased the hashtag #election so that the newspaper's election day coverage would appear at the top of Trending Topics on Twitter, explained The Atlantic and Poynter Online.
See the hashtag #election here.
Other Related Headlines:
» Nieman Journalism Lab (It’s election night: Here’s what some news orgs (old & new) have planned)
- How to use Facebook Live for journalism and improve user engagement: Lessons from Spanish-language media
- 13 lessons from ISOJ to innovate journalism according to the blog #nohacefaltapapel
- Plaza Pública: In-depth, nonprofit news site in Guatemala tackles taboo themes (Interview)
- The bet on fact checking: journalists create more initiatives to verify public discourse and reveal false news
- ISOJ conference to cover main issues of digital journalism, from industry’s disruption to mobile revolution