Twitter hashtag #election sponsored by the Washington Post
The Washington Post has launched an Election Day Twittercast with live and taped video, according to Editor & Publisher. Readers also will be able to tweet any election-related questions.
This is all because the Washington Post purchased the hashtag #election so that the newspaper's election day coverage would appear at the top of Trending Topics on Twitter, explained The Atlantic and Poynter Online.
See the hashtag #election here.
Other Related Headlines:
» Nieman Journalism Lab (It’s election night: Here’s what some news orgs (old & new) have planned)
- Canadian Twitter users defy law by posting election results
- U.S. news outlets seek more interaction, innovation on Election Day, says Poynter
- A look at election-night news coverage in the United States
- New York Times launches "Election 2012" app with content curated from competing sources
- Canada lifts ban on reporting early election results to reflect new Twitter reality