Veteran journalist shot to death in Honduras
Israel Zelaya Díaz, a renowned radio journalist from San Pedro Sula, was found dead outside the city with three bullet wounds, reported Radio-Info and La Tribuna. He was the 10th journalist killed in Honduras this year, explained Radio Nederland.
According to the Associated Press, Zelaya was a commentator for Radio Internacional, and three months ago he complained to authorities that a group of unknown persons who set fire to his house.
The motive behind his killing is unknown, explained La Prensa, but police ruled out robbery as a motive, as his body was found with his documents, watch, and cell phone.
Other Related Headlines:
» Motive not yet known in death of journalist (Reporters Without Borders)
» Honduran government blamed for rash of journalist killings (Knight Center)
» A year after the coup, Honduras deadly for journalists (Knight Center)
- Killing of radio host is sixth in Honduras this year
- Another journalist shot to death in Honduras
- Honduran police arrest top suspect in killing of journalist
- Supporter of ex-president Zelaya is 15th journalist killed in Honduras in last 18 months
- Radio reporter threatened, journalism student killed in San Pedro Sula, Honduras