Guatemalan TV reporter injured during student protest
A Guatemalan TV reporter was injured while covering the eviction of university student protesters, reported the news agency AFP.
The student protesters threw rocks and home-made bombs at police, who were attempting to evict protesters blocking a main road in Guatemala City, according to TeleSur. The students were protesting changes at the public University of San Carlos. During the conflict, journalist Alberto Cardona, of TV station Guatevisión, was injured in his left leg, according to the Center for Informative Reports of Guatemala (Cerigua).
- Guatemalan photojournalist injured during student protest recovering after surgery
- Press corps in Guatemala denounce new acts of aggression against reporters
- Governor's bodyguards attack TV reporters on election night in Guatemala
- Report says criminal gangs to blame for press censorship in Guatemala
- Guatemalan prosecutors ask reporter to reveal source of leaked prison report