Deadlines approaching for upcoming international journalism fellowships
Searching for ways to improve your journalism skills? Looking to get experience reporting abroad? The list of upcoming journalism fellowships for 2012 compiled by the International Center for Journalists might be exactly what you were looking for.
The first deadlines -- Jan. 31 -- are coming up fast for applications for World Press Institute Fellowships and the Reuters Journalism Fellowship Program. Next up is the Feb. 1 deadline for the Knight-Wallace Journalism Fellowship.
Other opportunities to look out for include the newly launched Schuster Institute & Fund for Investigative Journalism Fellowships, which will "foster journalism about social justice and human rights," according to the American Journalism Review.
Also, the Council on Foreign Relations currently is accepting nominations for its Edward R. Murrow Press Fellowship for foreign correspondents or editors pursuing a project to "increase competency in reporting and interpreting events abroad and promotes the quality of responsible and discerning journalism that exemplified the work of Edward R. Murrow during his life.”
The Spencer Fellowship for Education Reporting at Columbia University has a Jan. 31 deadline, and applications for the 10 Fellowships in Global Journalism at the University of Toronto are due Feb. 13.
- It's that time again: Apply now for journalism fellowships
- It's that time of year: Apply now for journalism fellowships
- Applications now open for Nieman Foundation’s new project-based fellowship
- IAPA calls for entries for 2012 Excellence in Journalism contest
- Applications open for international journalism fellowship programs in the United States