Topic “future of journalism”
ISOJ Keynote: University of Hong Kong’s Ying Chan to talk about the new frontier for journalism in China
With its vast population and the second most important economy in the globe, China has become one of the most important stories worldwide. But it’s not an easy one to cover.
News reports have discussed at length the current controls of the Communist Party over freedom of expression and flow of information in the country, digital censorship and self-censorship, and the restrictions and crackdowns on both Chinese journalists and foreign correspondents. Read more »
ISOJ Keynote: Washington Post’s Martin Baron to explain why we should be optimistic about journalism
The news was huge, and the expectations just as big: last August, the founder and CEO of tech titan Amazon, Jeff Bezos, announced that he would purchase one of the United States’ most revered newspapers, the Washington Post. Read more »
Jeff Bezos, the founder and CEO of e-commerce company Amazon.com, is not the first billionaire to enter the newspaper business following his $250 million purchase of The Washington Post on Monday, August 5.
In fact, he wasn’t even the first one this month – sports mogul John W. Henry beat him to that distinction with his purchase of the Boston Globe for $70 million announced on Saturday, August 3. Read more »
Some 60 journalists from 15 countries completed a webinar in Spanish on Tuesday, Feb. 19, on mobile news reporting tools available on any smartphone. Read more »
Headlines from our blog:
- U.S. government drops majority of criminal charges against Barrett Brown Mar 07
- Colombian president signs transparency law Mar 06
- 65 attacks on journalists, freedom of expression during Venezuelan mass protests: IPYS Mar 06
- Colombia’s Attorney General’s Office investigates public TV channel, accuses it of promoting protests Mar 05
- Journalists covering Venezuelan protests should consider using body armor: CPJ Mar 05
- Organizations denounce government harassment against two Honduran journalists in recent months Mar 04
- Three journalists in Sinaloa, Mexico assaulted by police during protests against “El Chapo” Guzmán’s arrest Mar 04
Subscribe to our twice weekly newsletter about journalism in the Americas.
Choose your language: