The top 100 newspapers in the US are increasing their use of interactive and multimedia features on their websites as new technologies and content management tools allow them to improve their digital presence. Read more »
A recent court victory for the Associated Press could limit “fair use” on the Internet, according to paidContent. Read more »
After receiving threats on 45 banners hung in several cities across the state of Coahuila, Mexico, the newspaper Zócalo announced that it would cease reporting on organized crime effective Monday, March 11. Read more »
Update: According to the Sunday, March 10 print edition of El Diario, authorities found Campos dead in the city of Aguaprieta, Sonora. They presume the cause of death was suicide.
"Unofficially, Campos was found hanged inside a hotel room, however, the official cause of death has yet to be determined," reported the newspaper.
Authorities notified Campos' family of his death on Saturday, March 9. Read more »
On the morning of Friday, March 8, political journalist Rodrigo Neto was killed in Ipatinga, Minas Gerais, after having received several death threats, which, according to him, were connected to his reporting, reported the newspaper Vale do Aço. Read more »
Authorities in the Mexican border state of Coahuila had to remove 45 signs and banners threatening the newspaper Zócalo that appeared in several cities across the state on Thursday, March 7, reported the website CNN México. Read more »
Headlines from our blog:
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights opens case against Brazil for the death of journalist Vladimir Herzog May 04
- Daylong suspension of WhatsApp affects journalists and media in Brazil May 04
- World Press Freedom Day 2016 highlights access to information and fundamental freedoms May 04
- Why is press freedom important? Latin American journalists, experts weigh in on World Press Freedom Day May 04
- Associated Press journalists recognized by Overseas Press Club for reporting on disappeared in Mexico May 02
- Peruvian journalist sentenced to prison for defamation will take his case to the OAS May 02
- Authorities arrest man suspected of murdering Mexican journalist and media company owner Moisés Dagdug May 02