The top 100 newspapers in the US are increasing their use of interactive and multimedia features on their websites as new technologies and content management tools allow them to improve their digital presence. Read more »
A recent court victory for the Associated Press could limit “fair use” on the Internet, according to paidContent. Read more »
After receiving threats on 45 banners hung in several cities across the state of Coahuila, Mexico, the newspaper Zócalo announced that it would cease reporting on organized crime effective Monday, March 11. Read more »
Update: According to the Sunday, March 10 print edition of El Diario, authorities found Campos dead in the city of Aguaprieta, Sonora. They presume the cause of death was suicide.
"Unofficially, Campos was found hanged inside a hotel room, however, the official cause of death has yet to be determined," reported the newspaper.
Authorities notified Campos' family of his death on Saturday, March 9. Read more »
On the morning of Friday, March 8, political journalist Rodrigo Neto was killed in Ipatinga, Minas Gerais, after having received several death threats, which, according to him, were connected to his reporting, reported the newspaper Vale do Aço. Read more »
Authorities in the Mexican border state of Coahuila had to remove 45 signs and banners threatening the newspaper Zócalo that appeared in several cities across the state on Thursday, March 7, reported the website CNN México. Read more »
Headlines from our blog:
- Two journalists killed in Brazil and Colombia; 3 journalists murdered in northeastern Brazil during Nov. 2015 Nov 25
- Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Expression of the OAS hears NGO’s concerns about media concentration Nov 25
- "Adelante," new training program covering Latin America, will benefit 270 journalists in the next five years; apply now Nov 23
- Veteran radio journalist María Martin honored for 40 years in U.S. public radio and for training journalists in Latin America Nov 19
- GlobalGirl Media seeks to empower a new generation of Brazilian girls through their media training program Nov 19
- International experts discuss media concentration in Latin America and the Caribbean Nov 18
- Blogger killed in northeastern Brazil; second journalist murdered in country in less than a week Nov 18
Subscribe to our twice weekly newsletter about journalism in the Americas.
Choose your language: